Lyra Electronics is a growth-stage high-technology engineering company working at the leading edge of power electronics and battery technologies.
With established roots in motorsport and the automotive industry, Lyra Electronics serves the growing demands of any industry that is looking to embrace electrification to improve its cost performance and environmental footprint.
Lyra specialises in high efficiency, compact and high performance DC-DC converters, motor drive inverters, battery management systems and other power electronics topologies to support electrification of all industries.
We at Lyra Electronics are looking to recruit the highest calibre engineers to join our highly motivated team to make their own contribution to a fast growing company in a fast moving industry.
About the role
As a senior engineer, you will take responsibility for the technical delivery of one or more projects and ensure that the team of engineers on those projects understand their tasks and responsibilities.
You will take ownership for your own tasks and will endeavour to deal with issues using your own acumen. You will communicate closely with the Project Management team and will escalate issues when appropriate.
You will have sufficient technical knowledge and capability that you can understand new concepts and principles driven by Lyra’s founder and Chief Technical Officer, and drive relevant work scopes into the engineering team.
You will integrate your own methods and ideas in order to deliver the company’s technical innovations.
You will understand the fundamentals of power electronics both in terms of software and hardware and you will be driven by your belief in the importance of both for future mobility, industry and the supporting infrastructure.
Lastly, you will enjoy working as part of a close knit team where every individual’s contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the business.
Minimum educational qualifications
• Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
• You will have a minimum of five years working within a similar field of embedded electronics design or application ideally for the control of power electronics
• You will have coached one or more junior engineers
• You will have good working knowledge of the challenges surrounding electrification of transport and industry
Other advantageous skills
• practical soldering skills (using a microscope) required for PCB assembly
• knowledge of the use and limitations of lab test equipment and instrumentation
• experience of MATLAB / Simulink / LabVIEW / MISRA C
• experience of working with electric vehicles
• knowledge of designing for high voltages and high currents
• experience of DFMEA
To fulfil the role you will
• write and interpret specifications and requirements
• ensure adherence to requirements documentation
• support the development of, and ensure adherence to, project plans
• create electronic schematics for power electronics components (DC-DC, motor inverters, battery charging and management, etc.)
• support PCB layout
• carry out simulation for power electronics devices and understand the limitations of such simulations
• support product documentation (e.g. design notes, bills of materials, user manuals)
• understand the implications of ISO26262
• be familiar with ASIL ratings and Functional Safety
• be capable of the highest quality of communication to the Project Management team, the Engineering Manager and customers
• be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on site at their premises
• understand the importance of test, quality assurance and release processes and assure strict adherence to these at all time
• demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
Made with Mobirise - Learn more